Home: Bedroom fit for a Tween

 This girlie's bedroom makeover was almost a year overdue. For her 10th birthday I had promised her a desk and updated bedroom (since that is what Liam got for his 10th). At least I got it done before her 11th birthday came along!


This is what her room looked like the last time I took any pics of it. She did have a mini-makeover a few years ago - with just new bedding and some wall decor. It was jungle-themed, and very cute, but I don't think I got any pictures of it!


This makeover was a *little* more intensive. Would it even be August if I didn't start a big home project that I would inevitably stress about finishing before school started??? I don't think so. 


The best part was that I now have a helper for painting projects! It was actually a condition of this makeover - covering all those dark blue walls with creamy white was going to be a chore.

The second best part was that we had a tiny doggie helper who just wanted to keep us company (and may have got a few speckles of white paint in his fur).


TA-DAH!
It truly turned out better than I had imagined it would. It took a lot of Pinterest surfing, time and patience looking for the right second hand furniture, and some good fortune with inexpensive cute finds at Target. 


I love the colors she picked for her feature wall, and we just so happened to find that bedspread that matches perfectly!


We repainted that nightstand, added a small lamp, used the bead strand I already had from Christmas decor, and took some old fake plants and made them look new in hanging baskets.


Here, I took a macrame hanging planter that I had and we repurposed it as a place to display pictures (since the old cork board and whiteboard had to go). 


Again, I "shopped my home" and took this macrame wall hanging fro my room, and the LOVE letters from the Valentine's box, and found this standing mirror on Marketplace!


The desk was the final piece we needed, and it took a while to find the right one - but my goodness it turned out perfectly. 


These adorable tiny shelves were in the dollar spot at Target, and she decorated them with things she already had. 



There are fairy lights on the headboard of her bed... you can't see them much here, but at night they are pretty special.


I love that the American Girls get to stay in the room (all the other toys & toy chest moved into the closet).


It's a very peaceful, happy room, where I think and hope she will be happy for several years. 

Comments

Popular Posts