Monthly: May 2022

May - my favorite month! Teacher Appreciation, Mother's Day, my birthday, and the end of the school year - followed straightaway by vacation!! 
May was extra special because our friend discovered a box of kitties in their backyard and Carolina (and I) had the time of our lives cuddling them all!

May is also Tumbling Recital time! The theme was "dancing through time" or something like that, her group tumbled to "My Boyfriend's Back" - she loved the circle skirt that came with her costume - but she fussed about taking these pictures with me... she looks so grown up. 
 
 
This was fifth year at Xpressions Dance Academy in all - she was hoping to get the 5 year trophy, but since it was only her fourth consecutive year, she will have to wait until next year. 


The recital takes place at the Nampa Civic Center - I don't know why we've taken a picture at this mural! 
But we always follow the show with a family selfie... and ice cream!
 
And THEN she talked me into letting her have her ears pierced - she had been too nervous to do it up until that week, so I figured if she felt ready then I would let her. I decided I'd rather not have some teenager with a piercing gun at Claire's do it, so we went with the professionals - no piercing guns there!

 
She almost cried, but kept it together - she said it really hurt. The ear piercings have been a figurative pain ever since - but that's another story - look how cute the little sparkles are on her ears!

 Obviously this is a Carolina-heavy post... the last day of school came and we had to take our traditional picture with the teacher. Mrs. Matteson was a huge baby Yoda fan, so he joined the photo as well :)

I can't believe she has only one year of elementary school left :( and Liam has just one year left of middle school! 


Comments

Popular Posts