Monthly: August 2021

My pictures are all out of order for August - but at least they aren't months late! August passed by in a really big hurry - and other than the smoky days - it was beyond beautiful.  

We went to lunch with the aunts and uncles and some cousins at the Montour farm.

Baby Everett continues to be adorable and adored. 

  
The first day of school happened - non-pandemic style (although probably it should've because two weeks in and there are a BUNCH of staff and students out - oy vey). Liam started 7th grade and Carolina started 4th. I legit can't believe that next year will be Liam's last year in middle school and Lina's last year in elementary!!!

 
 
The kids spent the last few days before school started (I told you these pictures are out of order) with the grandparents while I was back to work. They went to the zoo with Nana and Poppa, and a sleepover with Grandma and Papa where they got to have a night swim and s'mores. They were very excited for my summer to end so they get to enjoying their last bit of it. 

Oh, here's the what that smoke I mentioned looks like... that red dot is the sun.

I recruited everyone to help me prepare for my class, there are just never enough hours for teachers to get everything ready during the work week before... probably because they keep scheduling professional development and every kind of meeting for us :(

I have been fed up with this bathroom for a while. I can't afford a full bathroom remodel, but paint and some planters I got at Christmas felt like it would be enough of a change - and I think it was...

I love the white and bright, although it was BEAST to paint over the dark gray, even with primer. I thought this would be a two day project and it took twice that long. The green over the tub wasn't quite what I had in mind, but paint is shockingly expensive right now and I decided we were just going to live with it for a while before it gets changed, and it's growing on us. 

I framed some prints we got in Maui and put up a little vintage wicker shelf with some shells and other Hawaiian knick-knacks. Those items, plus the plants makes it feel very tropical :) I also spray painted every removable metal piece matte black, and later ordered some new knobs for the cabinets that look so nice. 

I thought I would like the wood cabinets better once the walls were white, but I don't, and they actually have a a fair amount of water damage. We need new sinks and faucets. I want new counters and light fixture. I passionately dislike the tile around the tub. Those will all be things that will have to, and can wait - but for now it looks fresh and new and I'm so happy!

We squeezed in a visit to the Titanic exhibit at the Discovery Center before it left as kind-of our last summer hurrah together. 

And then the kids talked Todd into renting the paddle boats next-door. It's a really beautiful spot on the Boise River next to Ann Morrison Park. However, these only fit 2 people and they are really hard to pedal. I was exhausted.

Look how pretty though.

Camel's Back is always a good idea - it's probably my favorite park anywhere around here, even though my kids are basically to big for parks. Liam and Todd climbed the hill. Carolina played , and I sat on a bench in the shade and loved every minute of it. The morning sun + cool is just the best this time of year.

This little girl is still kicking. She keeps showing more signs of age, but she still follows me around the houses and rests in whatever room I am in.




Comments

Popular Posts