Pin of the Week: Honey Garlic Cashew Chicken with Coconut Noodles

I had planned on making this recipe weeks ago - I had ordered the groceries at Walmart and everything (life hack - this what I do when I actually have time to meal plan, and it's especially helpful when I'm making new recipes that I tend to need several new ingredients for),  but life was so busy that I didn't get to make them until this week - meaning, yes, I did have to start over with some ingredients. 

Here's what I'll say - this was annoying to make - it was messy and challenging, but I'm still sharing it, even though it was not the best cooking experience, because it was SO DANG DELICIOUS. It was like Thai restaurant take-out delicious. AND, I will say that there are definitely things I could've/should've done to make this task not so frustrating:

First - the actually title of the recipe includes the words "20 minute" - it took me easily twice as long, however, had I prepped all the ingredients first I would've saved a lot of time and stress.

Second - I should've thoroughly read through all of the instructions first. Classic mistake. 

Third - Next time, I would probably save myself the coconut noodle step and it would keep me from dirtying another pan, and trying to do multiple things at once. Or, I might just throw the coconut milk in while the noodles boil or over the top of them while they are still hot. The noodles didn't have a lot of flavor anyway, which is why I'm not sure this step is absolutely necessary.

Here's the pin.

Here's the website.

20 Minute Honey Garlic Cashew Chicken and Coconut Noodles | halfbakedharvest.com
image via HalfbakedHarvest.com


Comments

Popular Posts