Pin of the Week: Turmeric Chicken & Rice

overhead close up photo of 30 Minute Coconut Milk Braised Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Rice

 

The official title of this recipe is "30 Minute Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk with Sweet Potatoes and Rice"...  so I'm just calling it Turmeric Chicken and Rice because I'll be able to remember that! It's another Halfbaked Harvest recipe that had been on my Pinterest board for ages and I finally decided to take a lazy Sunday and give it a try. I used the InstantPot version of the recipe, I feel like I'm getting much more comfortable with it!

This recipe was SO flavorful, and seems pretty healthy too! We found ourselves with pretty much all of the ingredients we needed and only needed to change a few things: swapping brown jasmine rice for white, leaving out shallots and using onion powder, no spinach or cilantro (but next time I would make it a point to add cilantro). I did make the chili oil that she recommends - and it was KEY in the favor, but I did not make the naan... because carbs. 

I will say that the sweet potato was delicious but didn't come out looking like the recipe pictures, perhaps that's what the InsantPot just does to them - it didn't affect the taste - a bite with a bit of everything in it was just so yummy - Todd said the leftovers were just as good, too. I will also say that this took me quite a bit longer than 30 minutes to make, could just be because it was my first time making it, also because the brown rice alone took 45. It probably took an hour in all. 

Here's the link to the recipe.

Here's the link to the Pin.

image via HalfbakedHarvest.com

Comments

Popular Posts