Recipe of the Week: Mexican Street Corn Salad


I discovered this recipe last summer after we had eaten an Elote Hot Dog at Disneyland and I wanted to recreate it - and it was perhaps better than the original!But, it turns out I love this corn salad by itself too. I've made it loads of times since then and I thought I had shared it already, but I guess not, so now is as good a time as any!

A bowl of Mexican street corn salad, a lime, a small bowl of feta cheese, cilantro.
image via aseasyasapplepie.com
I used onion powder instead of actually onions - but really I wouldn't change a thing about this recipe, my only note is that the one time I tried to double the recipe it came out really weird and mushy and I was not happy with it at all - I think it was because cooking the corn in the skillet was different since I had so much more corn, it didn't char as well and probably got a little overcooked.

Here's the link to my Pin.
Here's the link to the recipe.

Comments

Popular Posts