Favorite Things: Summer 2020


Mountain Ocean Skin Trip in Coconut - This lotion is natural, which I like - pretty runny, so it feels light and like it soaks in quickly - and smells of coconuts, basically THE summer smell. 

Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Drops - I love these! They are the best self tanner I've ever tried, especially when you pair it with the coconut lotion. I think that's what I love most about it, you mix it with your choice of lotion so it smells better than most self tanners and is easier to spread and rub in. Plus, if it processes and you see a streak or spot, I find that you can do another application and even it out pretty easily.

SuperGoop MatteScreen Sunscreen - Jen and I discovered this sunscreen last summer, and I can't remember if I included it then, but it's definitely become a favorite at this point. I have worn it every day since then, except for maybe on the darkest winteriest days. Basically I love that it's a clean product, and it makes a great primer/base under makeup or all by itself in the summer. It looks so nice on, and feels nice, and has really good SPF coverage.

Madewell High-Rise Denim Shorts - The best shorts ever, they are so comfy and cute rolled up or left down. I bought some other, cheaper shorts because they looked similar, but guess what - I don't like them and I have regret. 

Aloha Day-Tripper Tote - I really love this bag. It's a durable, splash-proof, large tote that packs down very very small. I bought it last summer for Maui to take to the beach and to use as an extra carry-on in case we ended up with too many souvenirs (which we did). It continued to be a great pool bag this summer, and went with us to California. 

Pineapple Spindrift - And with Maui on the brain, on to my favorite drink! We were already big Spindrift fans, I love that it's natural and has real fruit juice in it. When they announced a pineapple flavor we were so excited that we ordered a box full from the company (because Target didn't get it in stock fast enough for us) - and we were not disappointed. It is the yummiest of all of their flavors in my opinion, and was my go-to sip all summer. 

MaskCara Beauty - Ok, so this is a make-up and skin care brand that was invented by a gal named Cara who I've followed on Instagram for years and years, I've watched her business grow and been very impressed by the way it looked and the philosophy behind it, but I've never tried it because it's one of those Mary Kay type companies, where someone sells you the product and there's parties, etc. Well, my friend Steph had bought some in CA and loved it, so when I went I got to try it, and also immediately loved it and basically bought all of her extras off of her so I could take it home and start using it right away. I'm 3 months in and love it even more than I did at first, it's so easy and fast to put on and it's all in one palette, so it's really convenient. 

Young Living Essential Oils - I have been "into" essential oils for a few years now, and I really do think they have several health benefits. I think because of COVID, I'm trying to find more healthy, natural, and clean products that can be beneficial for my family in the long and short-run. At any rate, I decided to become a member with this company so that I could have direct access to purchasing products and all the information that goes with them. I have really liked diffusing them into the air to purify or just make my house smell better, to clean with, and roll on to our skin for health benefits.

Grove Collaborative - On that note, I have really appreciated this company that I've used for a few years now,  that basically have rounded up all the natural cleaning and personal products on the market - or have created their own, and ship them to you. A lot of these items are things you can find in stores (especially Target or Whole Foods), but they tend to be not as well stocked or sold out. And with the pandemic we were already ordering more things online, or doing order pick-up, just do we didn't have to go in store - and this company ships fast - and their products cost the same or often less than they do at Target! I'm learning a lot about toxins, gross chemicals, and other junk in popular, common household or personal products (and food!), and I'm really wanting to get off that train.


Comments

Popular Posts