Recipe of the Week: Easy Pound Cake

For Mother's Day we decided to keep it simple (so the mom's didn't have a whole lot to do) and have a dessert buffet. We had started with an idea of a Disney theme, which didn't pan out, but I had already asked to borrow my friend's Mickey waffle maker (like the real one they use at the parks). I figured I could turn the waffles into a strawberry shortcake situation... but the recipe I ended up choosing a Pound Cake recipe instead of a Short Cake one because I saw several recipes that were able to cook the pound cake in a waffle iron. It was the best decision I ever made. They were SO good. Honestly, they didn't need the strawberries and cream. The other thing is they were definitely better that day than the next day, but still good. The only thing I tweaked was to add some pearl sugar onto the batter once I'd put it in the waffle maker, just to give it some more texture, kind of like liege waffles - unnecessary, but I really liked them with that little crunch.


Here's the link to Pinterest.
Here's the link to the recipe.

Comments

Popular Posts