Monthly: June 2020 (Summer & Tumbling Recital)

Boise, ID




As the weather heated up we got fewer walks in, we tried to go first thing in the morning when Todd was off work, or late in the evening (here it doesn't get dark until 10-10:30) which is my new favorite because it feels perfect even if the weather app still says its 85 degrees, and because those sunsets.

We went with Mom and Dad to explore a quirky little outdoor spot called Cleo's Ferry Museum. 

I loved the little Mickey waffles we had made from a borrowed maker, I wanted us to have our own - but it's $$$ so we settled for the less pricey one that makes one large Mickey waffle at a time, it's worth it!


My birthday present from Todd finally came - a membership to D23 - a Disney club that comes with a quarterly magazine, special priveleges/promotions and this amazing box of things I looooove! He got the Family Membership so that we would  all the extras - each of us got one of these so cute bandanas, some pins for our collection, and other fun stuff!




My favorite thing ever - Carolina's tumbling recital was allowed to happen so long as we did it outside at the park (instead of paying $15 per person for the Civic Center - ok!). It's the cutest thing ever - and a lot of my current and former students also attend this dance academy so I love watching them as well. 
The theme was the "Danciest Place on Earth" - aka, a Disney theme... I mean... I was pumped. The grandparents and Cali cousins were able to come watch since her routine was near the beginning.







She has worked so hard this year on her tumbling, in past years of dance she didn't and couldn't (?) practice at home, but tumbling is much more suited for at home practice... at least for a while, while I can still help with some things. We were so proud of her! We hope she will want to continue in the fall!
Post recital celebratory (obligatory) ice cream and photo shoot...








Like - I am so obsessed with her ♥️

Father's Day! We went out to a restaurant as a family for the first time in months (it was very well distanced) - we had gifts - and pool time plus a BBQ. 

Carolina was in heaven having Olivia here to play with for a week and a half! 

Happy 626 Day! 

Denali made us the CUTEST masks!

Little Alice Joye turned 3!


Cute as a button and smart as a whip...

We love this little girlie so much! (Also we couldn't get Whit to come get in the picture)

Man, June felt long... it's probably the Groundhog Day situation we've got going on. I'm actually feeling like I would like to go back to work - hoping going back to work is a thing that actually happens, while at the same time not being sure how I feel about being back in a room with 28 little people with no sense of personal space. 

June Video (includes the entire tumbling recital!)






Comments

Popular Posts