Recipe of the Week: One Pot Creamy Cauliflower Mac & Cheese


As one of our New Year Resolutions we are really trying to work on our budgeting/spending so that we can save more for some home projects and trips (it all keeps getting eaten up by other necessities, but that's another thing...) - at any rate we decided that the biggest part of that would be to work on our meal planning so we would eat at home more. I've found that I enjoy cooking more when I'm trying something new that sounds good to me, and I've really enjoyed following a gal named Tieghan Gerard who has a couple of cookbooks and a great Instagram account where she shares many of her recipes. Her handle is @HalfBakedHarvest  - I love that she shows the process of making a recipe on her InstaStories so I can kind of watch first and decide if it looks like too much work or too challenging or something I can do fairly easily. All that to say, I've tried a few of her recipes that I like and plan to share here! 
overhead close up photo of One Pot Creamy Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
image via HalfBakedHarvest.com
This One Pot Creamy Cauliflower Mac & Cheese recipe honestly surprised me with how delicious it was! I love that she sneaks vegetables in many of her recipes where you (hopefully) won't notice them, and the cauliflower was practically unnoticeable. Everyone loved it - well let's be honest, Liam tolerated it, but he did eat it! And he doesn't like any mac & cheese!
Here's the link to my Pinterest pin or here's the link straight to her recipe. I found that I did need to add more milk to thin it out a bit, and judging from the picture it looks like hers was still a lot saucier than mine was, but I loved how it turned out so I probably would do the exact same thing next time! There are also plenty of leftovers for Todd's lunch tomorrow.




Comments

Popular Posts