Monthly: August 2019 (Spirit of Boise!)

Well, I'm glad that's over. I always want to enjoy August, being that it's the last month of summer... but really it's like one long Sunday night (I read that on one of those teacher memes). 
Todd and I did make it to one more Broadway show - Les Miserables! So amazing!
 And we spent as much time as we could at the pool...
 Then I went back and the kids went to the grandparents, where they found a snake...
 Carolina got the best hand-me-down Yoda jacket!
 And just like that it was the first day of school:
 5th Grade for Liam (last first day of elementary school!) I have 26 kids, a full time one-on-one aide, and a handful of a class. But they are sweet and I know I will love them to bits by the time this year is over. 
 2nd Grade for Carolina
 Over Labor Day weekend we finally did something that we've been wanting to do for a long time, the Spirit of Boise Balloon Classic! 
 We tried doing it once before but had bad luck and it was too windy for the balloons to launch. We hadn't tried it since because you have to get up sooo early. 
 We finally made it happen this year and it was so neat to see the balloons fill up and take off!




 And now it's September and it's 96 degrees and I want to swim, but I'm too tired. I want it to still be summer, but my car is so hot in the afternoon. I'm not ready for fall, but I guess I am since I'm not on vacation any more. 


Comments

Popular Posts