Monthly: April 2019


We were very excited for the coming of April! But as it is... we might rather have March back... at least for the weather, it got chillier and cloudier and rainier and windier... we are crossing all of our fingers and toes for Easter! 
It was a long week for me - I was still catching up from being gone for a little vacation, plus I stayed quite late at school for two nights to do interviews (which, long story, ended up being a massive waste of time because now we aren't getting a new teacher after all - ugh). Then I contracted pink eye - which was not fun, but ended up being a blessing because I wasn't allowed to teach that day, so I had some quiet me-time at Target and then caught up on all the laundry and got ahead on weekend chores. I wish I could have a day like that every week! But besides that, it was actually a very nice week of teaching, the students should've been crazy, but they were actually super calm and fun - it was just great! So far this week has not lived up to my expectations...
Whit had his first soccer game of the season... it was rainy and frigid of course, but he scored like 7 goals or something and it was really fun to watch!

  At least someone stayed dry!
The weather was supposed to clear up a bit in the afternoon so we headed off for a fun afternoon in Boise.  We had lunch, got cookies, did some shopping, and had time to stop in at the Capitol building. 

 Then we had friends over in the evening - altogether a very nice, relaxing day!
Sunday was another very chill day - the sun was on and off for a little bit - so we tried to be out and in it while it was there! Steve's garden is looking amazing! Thousands of daffodils and so many more spring flowers are on their way - it's gorgeous!

 He has so many varieties of daffodil!


   
   

Linda cooked us a delicious lunch, we went home and basically laid around (because all of the chores were already done!) and then went to a yummy nacho dinner from mom - basically we didn't feed ourselves all weekend! 
I'm trying really hard to get all caught up on blogging, I keep thinking maybe I'll just let it go and be done, but I can't do it! My work for Babes in Disneyland is pretty much limited to Instagram at this point, but I'm busy trying to get my Google hours in, plus school stuff is ramping up although it's winding down - for lots of reasons... so I'm staying busy. Liam starts soccer this week, Lina is only a few weeks away from her dance recital, and I keep forgetting that in 6 weeks we will be getting ready to go on vacation - that's nuts! 

EDIT: As it's been 3 months since I've blogged, I'm editing this "weekly" post into a monthly one and continue the rest of the April pictures I want to share. 
Palm Sunday - the kids sang and did a palm processional in church. 

 Carolina's first grade field trip to the Discovery Center in Boise - her teacher sent me the pic. Each class made their own unique tie-dye shirts. 
 Enjoying some sunshine, we were ready for the warm weather to stick. 
Family date to the movies - "Avengers: End Game" - so good! 

Next up, Easter. 

Comments

Popular Posts