Liam Turns 10!

 Well... in the blink of an eye my first baby turned double-digits, 10, a whole dang decade!
How?!
Why?!
and How?!
 I made him go take some pictures with me to commemorate the occasion - he was not happy about him, but he still looks so handsome. 
 I was majorly in my feelings about this whole birthday thing - feeling very weepy that we are past the midway point with the whole "raising" part of this kid, and definitely at the short end of his childhood, and just that it all went so fast. How did he go from being my sweet little boy to a big kid in such a hurry? I know this is the question that every parent asks, but that doesn't make it any less poignant and sincere of a feeling. More than ever I wish I could rewind / relive his babyhood and toddlerhood and little kid...dom. It's really fun having a big kid - he's such a fantastic person and I love him so much, but my mommy's heart will always yearn for the little years. Ugh, I'll move on now before I make myself cry again. 
 I was a semi-lame parent and even though it was a big birthday I stuck with the friend-party-every-other-year plan - so we just had a family party on his birthday and promised him a special activity at a later time (he has his heart set on Dave & Busters). 
 Per our tradition I had decorations up, with a special breakfast set up for him before school, his birthday cards, one gift, and a happy start to his day. 
 It was a low-key party, my favorite kind - with cake, presents, and lots of people to love on him, he was a very happy camper. 
 He got lots of new Nike gear to fit his constantly growing frame, a new set of novels (which he has already read through twice), and several Legos, among other things. 
 Goofball
 Another Chiefs shirt, probably his favorite gift. 
 Linda made him a requested red-velvet cake with buttercream frosting and a football theme!
There is actual footage of the birthday in the January video, but that evening after his party - I had gotten a little sentimental on Instagram...

Man, I love this kid - Happy Birthday Liam!


Comments

Popular Posts