Weeklyish: Nov. 1-17

It's getting harder and harder to sit down at my desk and do things like this... Carolina complains that I work all the time (sometimes I feel like that too), so I try to do desk work after they've gone to bed, but then that's usually either TV with Todd time or Google work time or just getting-ready-for-tomorrow time. I thought this week would be a good time to sit down and do some blogging but Carolina is already miffed at me. 
November is going by at breakneck speed, I love the holidays but it's true that as soon as Halloween hits its a roller coaster until New Year's. It's still sunny here all day, which is nice because it's extremely cold after dark and the temps are lower than usual but the sun makes it feel warmer and like it's still autumn, even if the naked trees say it's already winter.
We went to a store opening event and an artist there did portraits of anybody who wanted one! I'm dying over how precious these are, I've framed them and just need to decide where to put them.
I had two days of Parent Teacher Conferences so my reward was a day off - I tried to be present with the kids as much of the day as I could. We played Monopoly until everybody was grouchy, watched a cartoon, baked cookies, and got treats at Target (as a bribe for them to want to go with me).

Yeh, so this is the only picture anyone took at our early Knight-Miller-McConnel Thanksgiving. It's bad I know, but I felt like we needed photographic evidence. It was a lovely and delicious Thanksgiving follow by the weirdest show our children have ever put on for us. You'll understand in the November video.

And then I was one week of school and a week off for break - yay! It was Carolina's turn to be in the First Grade Shoebox Parade, my favorite tradition at our school! She really wanted to make a turkey float, and then it turned out funny that they made turkey vests and turkey hats so she was very matchy matchy. 

If you look closely you can sort of tell she has pink eye on the right... I didn't notice it at all until we got home and she complained of her eye hurting. So the first thing on the agenda for Thanksgiving break was a trip to quick care - would it even be a holiday if someone didn't need antibiotics? We all have a cold and hers is the worst so I'm sure it got into her eyes, and now her ears are bothering her too but I think she can make it through without another trip to the doctor. 

 Saturday the morning was spent in Boise at the Wintry Market and out to lunch with Jen and fam. And then home because everybody needed a nap and time to be lazy. 

See that little snowflake at the bottom? It makes me hopeful - it's certainly cold enough to snow at night, I would take it even if it melted during the day!

Comments

Popular Posts