Weekly: June 11-17 Cherry Picking & House Updates

Summer has me all off my blog schedule! It's only going to get worse because we are headed out of town in 2 days and then who knows when I'll get around to it again!
This was the last week with the cousins - we had fun having them for a sleepover at our house, going to see Incredibles 2 (GREAT movie!), and going to the Cherry Festival in Emmett! Cherry picking was prime opportunity for taking pictures!


 My children are the cutest-est.
 Hee-hee!
 I bought matching dresses for the cousin twins to look extra cute in!
 The coloring is weird on this picture because it was so sunny behind Liam but it was too good to trash, so I edited it the best I could.
 Dylan is definitely my favorite McConnel nephew :) He has always been extra sweet with Carolina and he is growing into such a fun, cool guy.
 Mmm Rainiers...
 All the McConnel kids together - that one's a framer!
 Over at the festival (which wasn't that great) we did find what we were looking for - a cherry pie stand. Liam wasn't a fan (I got it on video!) and Carolina LOVED it - she could've eaten the whole slice all by herself! To be fair, I could have as well but I had to share with her.
 Then Grandma spoiled her grandkids by getting them pony rides. 
 Might've been the first time my kids have been on a horse? 
 Meanwhile back at the ranch house - it was getting painted! The final step in my summer plan for house updates! I didn't take any good before pictures for anything - but trust me when I tell you this house had never been repainted since it was built (like 14 years ago?) and according to the painter, they did a crappy job at it the first time. The paint was sooooo badly faded especially above the garage and side of the house - it was embarassing. I stuck with the same original body color, updated the trim to white to match the gutters and garage doors, and that accent triangle above the garage got a slightly different color, a grayish green two shades lighter than the body. I think it is beautiful!
 Our house is looking soooo good now!
 My Disneyland Rose is no exception!!! All the heart-eyes!
Poor Todd - on Father's Day not only did he have to work the night shift, but I also made him clean the bonus room. It was basically the last space in the house (not counting the garage) that hadn't been completely cleaned out and organized - we saved the worst for last. It was a project that took alllll afternoon/evening. He wasn't happy about it.... until it was finished. Now he won't stop saying how great it looks (well, duh). Now I wish we would've gotten new carpet upstairs as well - oh well, someday. At least the we went out to pizza for lunch and the day before he took us to Goldy's for breakfast, his favorite meal in Idaho. He didn't suffer too much I think, but maybe next year we'll shoot for better.

Comments

Popular Posts