Weekly: May 21-27 School Projects & Summer's Coming

Another week come and gone, they seem to be speeding up! We had less going on, which was nice especially because things are about to get CRAZY here this and next week between house reno's starting and cousins coming! 
Last week Liam got to present his space project - his topic was the Apollo 11 mission. He had to do the project on his own. He did a good job! It was a little hard from time to time for me to not direct him or give him too much help or "advice." He was so proud of it and it was fun that my class got to go tour his classroom and see him in action!
 Gorgeous weather ... I couldn't love it more (nor my children).
 Friday we wanted to go swimming but the weather was kind of overcast so we took a last minute detour to the movie theatre to see the new Star Wars movie, it was a fun way to start the holiday weekend.
 Ah! I got creative with Carolina's hair and tried to do a braid crown, it came out pretty adorable even though it didn't last long! I find it's best to try these things while she's watching a show to keep her still and free of the temptation to complain.
 I almost don't remember what we did this weekend - it wasn't super eventful. I did go to Boise with mom on Saturday (no soccer game - yay!). Sunday night we went to a church BBQ event for a new Sunday class for young adults that we are sort of helping to start this fall. It was fun! We met lots of nice people that go to our church that otherwise we probably never would meet. 
The sky on the drive home was absolutely breathtaking. We have had many great storms this month. It seems the warm weather during the day creates these rain / lightening / thunder storms pretty regularly - there was even some crazy hail around and some power went out, but not at our house. 

ONE MORE WEEK TO GO! Well at this point, it's really just 2.5 days... I can't even believe it! So close I can taste it...

Comments

Popular Posts