Weekly: April 23-29

This is it! Spring has actually arrived! The weather this last week gave me a new lease on life! It was warm to hot all week and I think we all couldn't have been more happy about it. We went on three walks on the greenbelt, saw 1 duckling the first time, then no ducklings, and on the last walk we saw at least 3 families of dozen or more ducklings sooo teeny tiny. The flowers area all blooming and it was just so so nice to be out. 
 This child was still recovering from her sicknesses and has had a sniffle-nose/cough all week and an on/off earache, she fell asleep in the car every day and we left her to nap it out most days.
 Grandma and Grandpa are here to visit again. We had dinner with them several times and had them over for smoked salmon, but really they were here to see Grant's ordination. Liam and Todd had soccer, so Carolina and I went for the first hour, but then it was bedtime. We missed the exciting part but I was glad we went and got to see them walk in (all my pictures turned out blurry) and see part of it at least (the heart shows where Grant and Jen are standing).

 Carolina cracked me up by pulling tons of supplies out of her activity bag and making I think 6 pictures and taping them together into one giant poster that we had to carry out with us, but she was well entertained.

The week at school was rough, everyone (kids, teachers, principal) seem to feel like the school year is over and we still have 5 weeks and testing left to get through - I completely spaced my Friday wardrobe.

But I did my best to get my work done quickly and be out of there on time every day and on Friday get out EARLY because... 90 degrees.
Yep, we swam! I have no pictures, only videos... but it was glorious! I actually didn't swim, I just sat in the sunshine and soaked it up. Clouds turned out pretty quickly on and it got kind of stormy but we let the kids stay in as long as we could. 

Mom, Grandma, Linda, Jen and I went to a fancy tea on Saturday, I don't have any pictures to share because someone didn't send me them (mom) - but it was very fun and just beautiful. Grandpa and Grandma took us all out to dinner and somehow, for no reason at all, Todd managed to take this picture of Carolina and I that I just love! Sunday Lina and I stayed home while the boys went to the movies. I wasn't feeling up to it, needed a nap and to get some chores done before another week. Carolina certainly features in most of my pictures these days. She's my little buddy/helper/snuggle-bug and Liam spends more time with Todd outside playing basketball or upstairs playing Legos or video games, so he's just kind of not around me as much as she is for picture time, I'll try to be better about that though.
Even though there is one more day of April I'm wrapping it up here, I'm so frustrated that my clear videos look so grainy and fuzzy in these vids - they are made with iMovie and I save them in 4K so it seems like they should be nice and clear - oh well. It is what it is right now. Hopefully someday I can figure out a better way though. 

Comments

Popular Posts