Weekly: April 2-15

It's been two weeks since I last checked-in, but it feels more like two days! Surprisingly, these weeks are flying by! It might have something to do with our schedule picking up, Wednesday night church has started again for us, then weekly soccer practice and games for Liam. We had to move family fun night to Mondays since that is now our only weekday without anything else going on. Carolina wanted Red Robin with Todd and Liam wanted Smash Burger with me, so we had a date night as our FFN last week (we didn't intend this to be a dinner date every time, but it seems that's what it's become - it's ok though, as long as the kids are happy). Liam and I had a good time together just the two of us chatting and him enjoying his fried onions (a fact that is sooo funny to me). He is such a fun, sweet kid. Lately I've been realizing how much I have taken for granted his quickly passing childhood - I think it has something to do with me focusing more on her being the last kid and my "baby" and with him always being the "bigger" kid since she came along, I never felt that kind of sadness about him growing up like I do with Carolina. Ugh that was an awfully long rambley sentence, but I don't know a better way to explain it. Anyway, I'm really trying to soak up Liam in this in between little kid and big kid stage. Also, these two - when they are sweet to each other it is the best thing ever. 
 Only 7 more weeks of school which is SO exciting. Liam just started his first ISAT tests, which he was pretty anxious about but so far has enjoyed them (weirdo). Only 7 more weeks of this child being a part time schooler... see I can't help but get sappy about my baby growing up. But doesn't she look so grown up here?! Our pastor's wife is a regular sub at school and she ended up in Lina's class last week and sent me this picture - it's too stinking adorable. Carolina also won the kindergarten competition for yearbook cover - she was so excited! I was worried because both kids entered and I was thinking Liam might be disappointed or jealous that he didn't win, but when he saw Lina after school her gave her a big hug and smile and congratulated her. My heart could've burst. 
  Liam had his first soccer game, praise the Almighty that it did not snow or rain or blow or freeze us out. The weather has been crappy - as seems to be the new(?) norm... why do I live in Idaho again? But it was a good game, especially considering the teams are 3-6th graders so Liam is the "little guy." I am so proud of him that he enjoys, and works hard at, and is good at sports - he gets it from his dad!
 It's starting to look like spring time - at least trees and flowers are - if not the sun. Our yard is absolutely beautiful right now between the landscaping, and Trugreen, and Todd mowing and trimming this weekend. I'm so ready for us to be out enjoying it. The kids played outside for hours last night and tracked in a ton of grass, but I can't be too mad about it. We've been enjoying smoking all kinds of meat with our new Traeger grill - Todd has done salmon, pork tenderloin, ribs, hot dogs, and hamburgers - next he plans to do a whole chicken or maybe a dessert. I couldn't be happier that he wants to be in charge of meals!
This poor thing has been sick two weekends in a row. Last Wednesday night she came home from church and told me her hip hurt to walk, I figured she had tweaked it playing and put her to bed. Thursday morning it still hurt her and at breakfast at school she just sat there with her head down and wouldn't eat anything. I was worried she was getting a virus, but sent her off to class expecting to get a call from the nurse eventually, but I didn't. However after school she came it and laid down on the pillows on my floor and stayed there until it was time to leave, still complaining about her hip. At home I took her temperature and it was elevated, I gave her some Tylenol and she perked up immediately and was fine until the middle of the night when it must've worn off. She came into our room crying because her hip and back hurt so bad. I gave her more meds and laid in bed with her the rest of the night and rubbed her back for at least an hour. I looked up symptoms on the internet (always a terrible idea) until I was sufficiently paranoid that she was on her death bed and had Todd plan to leave work early to take her to the doctor. She was doing ok, and didn't want to go to the doctor, but after an x-ray and a urine test we found out she had a bladder infection. Poor girl!!! Those are the absolute worst! But so thankful it was a quick and easy fix. This will be our first test of the new health share "insurance" - should be interesting.  
However today after church she just wanted to come home and take a nap, and sure enough she has another fever - sorry to all those other kids in her Sunday School class!!! She seems fine other than being tired and maybe some cold symptoms, but I hate it when there's a fever. Hoping she feels better soon. 
Not to rush time, but I'm looking forward to getting through this week to the nicer weather that's waiting for us on the other side (fingers crossed the forecast stays that way). 

Comments

Popular Posts