Weekly: March 12-18

Ugh, coming back from Daylight Saving Time was/is rough (my world was rocked when I learned it's not Savings with an -s, it's just Saving, and now I feel like I have to tell everyone I know so that I am not alone). But anyway, I feel like we still haven't adjusted to it yet, I have been exhausted all week, even with going to bed early/on time - Carolina has slept awfully and keeps getting up in the night - and given the first chance to sleep past 6 a.m. we all didn't get up until nearly 9!
But the good news - great news - is that Spring Break is coming in just 4 days and then we can sleep and relax to our hearts' content. I am VERY EXCITED. It would be fantastic if the weather would cooperate, but so far it doesn't look like it will - 50s, rainy, cloudy. Maybe that's why this week was extra hard, because the weather was so yucky. But TODAY - today was gorgeous! The sun was so sunny we could hardly open our eyes outside - we're like cave people who've never been to the outside world. But the nice weather today did good things for all of us.

Last week was a lazy week. I went to the dentist, and went back to the flooring store, ran a couple of errands, but beyond that none of us were motivated to do much else. 
Liam gets cuter and smarter (and somewhat sassier) every day. Overall he's such a positive, happy, easy going human - how did we get so lucky?! If Liam ever cries or has a melt down there are usually bigger reasons behind it, because it's so out his nature. He is in that funny/fun/weird but innocent little boy stage that I really enjoy. I don't want him to grow up. Carolina gets bigger, older, and I'm having a hard time handling it. Life keeps reminding me that she will be done with kinder soon and turn 7 years old a few months after that. I'm not ready to not have a little person. In my book 7 is a kid, not a "little kid". I want time to speed up some things and slow down other things - why can't it do that for me? 
On Friday we are headed to McCall for a long weekend getaway with the family - it's supposed to snow the whole time we are there. That should be interesting. Hopefully no one minds if I just drink hot drinks and read books by the fire for the majority. It will be nice to be together and see something different for a little while. And maybe it will give mother nature a little longer to realize it's spring and she needs to warm up so we aren't wearing our coats and boots to Easter Sunday!

Comments

Popular Posts