Weekly: Feb. 19 - Mar. 4

Goodness, two weeks is a long time for me to remember specifics! And obviously I didn't take many pictures to remember anything in particular besides this puzzle - although this puzzle may have been the best part of the last few weeks! I got Liam this as his "treat" from my California trip and we all spent several afternoons and evenings working on it together - it was so fun! The puzzle itself just made me happy, and we played park music while we worked, which only added to the fun. We haven't done many puzzles together but the kids were really good at it, Carolina especially surprised me at how well she did this! I think we might have to order another puzzle to work on just for fun. 
The other thing is the weather has been CRAPPY. It's been freezing and snowy and icy... and it's March for Pete's sake! But that has helped contribute to a "stay home and do a puzzle" mentality - I just haven't wanted to go out, even to Target. 
Todd and I did go to Boise Saturday afternoon since the kids were headed to a rock show with Papa/Poppa - you have to take advantage of these situations! I almost canceled because it was yucky out, but we tried a new place that was SO GOOD and got coffee and went to Guru and Trader Joe's and basically all of our favorite things - and it did snow on us as we walked around, but it wasn't that cold so it was actually fun! Afterwards the weather cleared up and thankfully we have had blue skies for 24 hours now (even if it did snow again this morning). I really really need some spring weather soon or I might lose some of my sanity. I've been buying sandals and Easter outfits just hoping that we won't be frozen when we wear them. 
The kids had their first eye doctor visit and all looked well, they are actually a little bit far sided. Then they had dentist appointments (our first appointment without insurance...) and all was well - the hygienist even said Carolina had two lose teeth on the bottom! 
About the insurance, we had Blue Cross, but (and I may have already said this) the cost went up 40% in January so we sucked it up for a month and then cancelled... we just feel stuck because most likely when enrollment for insurance from my work opens up again we will just add everybody onto it (even though it wasn't the most affordable) so we signed up for a health share plan (pretty affordable)... "it's not insurance" they keep saying... and for 60 days we don't have any coverage unless there's an accident or something, so yet again it feels like a waste of money but at least we are covered in the event of something major, although probably if it was really major we would be financially ruined no matter what, but at least we won't have to pay the "no insurance" penalty on taxes and can save a little dough. 
I've decided to make these videos into a monthly thing - they take a long time to make and I often don't have much to share from one week, but I like having them. 

Comments

Popular Posts