LIAM'S BIRTHDAY & Weekly: Jan. 29-Feb. 4

 Well, ready or not it happened, my first baby turned 9. He was as happy as he could be on his birthday - ready to celebrate! I did not get very fancy for this birthday - but I couldn't let his birthday morning go by without any celebrating - I was single parenting so I had to do what I could without a chance to go to the store - I made muffins and set up a little "breakfast party" station with a few small gifts and his birthday cards.
For his party, his request was for a "small party with friends and a small cake". Well, he got exactly what he asked for... except he got a big cake instead of a small one and another party with family too. We ordered pizza and had sheet cake and ice cream, opened gifts, and played Guesstures per his request.









 He had an early basketball game on Saturday... it was the best game of the season so far, but he hasn't been quite as successful this season as in the past.





 This was a basket he made, but I just can't seem to get any great pictures or videos this year!
That afternoon he had 5 school friends over for pizza, and games of nerf wars, basketball, and video games. They seemed to really have fun and thank heavens the weather was nice and almost warm so they could spend the majority of the time outside!
The weeks are passing so quickly, it's actually quite surprising. We are so busy it seems we have plans almost everyday after work and the whole weekend, maybe it will calm down a bit once basketball is over... but then soccer starts after that so maybe not? I feel bad that we didn't put Carolina in dance this year, she did say she wanted to, I just never could remember to sign her up and now it's too late - but I'm not really sad about it because adding one more thing to the week sounds kind of terrible. I am so happy that February is here, I like that it's short, Valentine's Day is fun, it means we are that much closer to spring, and I'm headed on a little getaway this month - woo!
And we found time to squeeze in Liam's 9 year old interview.... he just couldn't get the volume right for answering questions so hopefully you can hear it!


Comments

Popular Posts