Weekly: February 5-11

How does it feel like February is almost over already?! This is why I like February, especially this February because it's been so nice - it got a little chillier this week but we still had sun and that makes the whole world seem like a better place.
Liam and I got flu shots because he actually wanted to! What! My life just got 500x easier! He took it like a champ and of course got a candy bribe for his courage. Carolina still won't and it's harder with her because you have to go to a doctor's office, not just any pharmacy. We are going to pound On Guard, cross our fingers, and pray to Jesus that the flu continues to stay away from us. I was worried on Monday because the kids both had stuffy/runny noses and scratchy throats, but it seemed to just be a little cold - or maybe a reaction to the change in weather. I had headaches for several days in a row that I just couldn't shake - seems like it could've been that too. Then I felt crappy for a few days after the flu shot and kind of trudged through the week just trying to get the parts where I could sit on my couch.

This cute girl was a pill this week - she was just not a nice person for the majority of it. I don't know what to do with her sometimes.
Liam wasn't too wonderful himself either, but thankfully some of the behavior issues we've had with him have improved (writing lines is the best threat ever).
The weekend was busy with Grant's birthday on Friday, basketball, errands, and people over on Saturday, then Sunday after church Todd and I went to have an early Valentine's date to lunch and a movie. To make me an extra emotional person this weekend, my principal of 11 years, who hired me out of college announced that she is moving on up and it made for a lot of tears, and questions, and thouhts about what's the come this year and next and then just the future in general... So yeh, I could use one more day before we go into this next week which promises to be extra crazy... lots of people coming out to give me bids on jobs at the house, hoping to get a furnace and new floors picked out as well as a house painter and landscaper, throw in a family dinner, doctor's appointment, Valentine's Day / Ash Wednesday, family night at school, and packing for my trip and I will be so ready to soak up some California sun come Saturday! (ohpleaseohpleaseohplease let no one get sick this week!)

Comments

Popular Posts