Pin of the Week: Spaghetti alla Carbonara


I follow the Food Network on Instagram and this weekend they were showing a clip of Tyler Florence making this dish - it. looked. so. good.  I promptly bought bacon and promised myself I would make it this week. Sure enough, today's cold and snowy weather put me in the mood for some warm comfort food. I know this is not a healthy meal, but... it also didn't seem all that unhealthy. I had one serving, plus a leeeetle bit more, so I felt pretty good about my portion control. Also I was very surprised at how easy and fast this was to make, start to finish it took no longer than 20 minutes and only one pot and one pan! The only thing I would say was I put a little more than the 4 oz of bacon it calls for, and next time I would do even more... the bacon was divine. Holy goodness - if you are looking for a super tasty meal for special occasions - this is it - it tasted as good as what you could buy in a restaurant for $16 and probably cost $5 to make enough for 4 people! Here's the link!

Spaghetti alla Carbonara
image via FoodNetwork.com

Comments

Popular Posts