Pin of the Week: Chimichurri Sauce (and a copycat Pasta Salad recipe)

IMG_5469
image via TheCommonPlate.com
So when in California we ate at a fast casual restaurant called Lemonade. It was delicious, I picked two cold "salads" and one of them was a Orrechiette Pasta with Chimichurri, Mozzarella, and Tomatoes (I gave the tomatoes to Stephanie), but the day I got home from California I was craving that fresh, light meal again. I just needed a few ingredients and I picked this recipe for chimichurri sauce out of all of the interwebs and it actually worked! Here's the link for this super easy (with a food processor) and super fresh sauce!
So with the sauce the only thing I did differently was that I didn't refrigerate it for 2 hours before using it, or any time at all actually - when I do this recipe again I will definitely give it time to sit and chill beforehand, but it still worked out.
So do make the pasta salad all I did was cook a bag of orrechiette pasta then chill it, pour in enough sauce to decently coat the pasta, add in 2 bags of the perlini mozzarella, and a carton of cherry tomatoes sliced in half. Done. It is really so so good! Todd said sometime he might add some diced salami to it too - but I tend to like vegetarian dishes more than he does. The kids didn't hate it, but they thought it was too "spicy"... the garlic did give it a kick, but it's definitely not too spicy for the average person.

Comments

Popular Posts