Favorite Things: Winter 2018

For my enjoyment, I've rounded up my favorite things to use / wear / watch this winter. They are mostly on the pricier side... what can I say, I have good taste? But really I'm trying to simplify in terms of minimizing what I own, and only getting what I need and not just buying something because it's trendy and cheap, but try to pick things that I really love and that will last.

1. Essie Gel Polish - this is my favorite nail polish, it's from Target and better than any that I've found at Sephora... it lasts really long - although for me it's starts to wear off sooner when I use the clear gel topcoat. I used to have probably 30-40 nail polishes, but I've whittled it down to the colors that I'm actually likely to wear and ones that don't annoy me because of how quickly they chip.
2. GapBody Breathe Underwear - Ah! These are the most comfortable underwear ever! Maybe I'm weird, but I realized at some point, that putting on these in the morning put me in a better mood, so over the last several months I waited Gap out for the best sales and basically replaced all of the old underoos.
3. Madewell Jeans - this was a huge decision purchase for me. I hated my Old Navy jeans, I bought  them because they were $20 but they always stretched out and I'd spend all day pulling them up, or the stretchy jeans would get this weird pucker in the fabric that never went away. I had heard good things about Madewell, and did lots of research and saved for them for a few months before I bought one pair. And since then I've gotten rid of every other pair of jeans I owned except for one backup pair from Gap that I still don't like as much. These jeans are NICE - and they do not stretch out - I also love that they come in high-rises... good for mummy tummies.
4. Milk Blur Stick - we have come to the makeup portion of the post, perhaps my favorite? I love makeup and I love to search for those "perfect" products. I don't want to have a huge collection of makeup, just a small collection of things I love to use. This primer is my favorite, it's similar to another favorite I had, but this one wins because it's hands free - you put it on like a deodorant stick on your face (that's not appealing, sorry) and it literally looks like a pore/wrinkle eraser - it's honestly kind of crazy. And you don't have to use your fingers or anything to apply it. I'm pretty intrigued by this vegan line and would like to try some of their other skin care products.
5. Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Stick - in golden pink. I like eyeshadow, but I'm not that great at applying it and it takes some time... with this one I just color some on blend it quickly with my finger and done. It lasts longer than regular eye shadow too.
Image result for glossier cloud paint6. Glossier Cloud Paint - ah, I love this stuff! I got the pink color when I went to their showroom in NYC (heaven) and loved it so much that mom got me the peach color for Christmas - I can't pick a favorite, actually I tried the tan color and loved it too.. they are all so natural looking and they really last all day long!
7. Ugg Classic Short Boots - these have been something I wanted for yearrrrssss... like probably a decade plus... I bought fake ones at Costco (that never fit right) and other places, but I finally decided to bite the bullet and get the real deal with some Christmas money, I wanted toasty feet this winter and these things do the job better than my snow boots plus they fit perfectly and feel like I'm walking on a cloud. (so thanks Grandma!)
8. Hearth & Hand candles - these from Target are officially the best candles I've ever tried, and I've had a few really expensive ones from upper crust places, but the burn time just does not compare to these! I had one of these that I burned daily, usually for several hours at a time and it lasted from the beginning of November to New Years - no joke. I burned another "fancier" candle during that same time and it lasted half the hours, it smoked like crazy, and the smell just wasn't as nice as this one!
9. The Crown - and finally this obsession. We started watching The Crown last year and two episodes in still weren't hooked so we stopped and finally picked it back up and became obsessed with this show. It has a slightly Downton Abby feel. The life of royals is so interesting and the actors are so so good.. I love Claire Foy and would like to be here when I grow up, she's just the perfect queen. (beware there was one very inappropriate episode, it was very ill-fitting and out of character of the show though)

Comments

Popular Posts