Weekly: January 22-28

One of my most favorite things about being a parent is staying home with my kids. I don't mean weekends, I mean those rare days that I have off of work during the week, the ones when Todd does have to work and it's just the kids and I. I LOVE listening to them play. They can keep themselves busy imagining ALL day. I feel so at peace being downstairs tidying up the house (another thing I actually love doing on my day off) and eavesdropping on their conversations, their ideas, even their arguments and how they work through them... although many times I have to intervene. When I am doing my thing and they are doing theirs - it's just the best. I took last Monday off because it was a grading day (no students) and my grading was done, plus I had been having a lot of headaches and upset stomachs over the weekend, so I didn't feel too bad about putting in for a sick day. I also thought that I won't get another day like this until spring break - so I took advantage of it. Of course, then I had the whole weekend with Todd being gone to New Orleans - but it's not the same when it's the weekend and you have to get dressed and go places.
The week went by in a blur though... and I feel like I say that every week - or at least least think it... because when I sit down to type I always struggle to write down exactly what happened! I think with Todd getting ready to leave on Thursday morning it threw our schedule off... plus it was full of all kinds of extra appointments and things to do - dermatologist for me (and the doc recommended I get the kids in to be checked too, good idea), basketball practice per usual, squeezing in a family fun night early, and more, plus just single parenting for a few days creates some extra chaos.
Todd gets home super late tonight and I already know he had a wonderful trip, but we will be glad to have him home!
I have taken NO pictures this week! I post things on my Instagram Stories a lot more now, but they are super random and there was none of the kiddos. I did try really hard to get video of Liam during basketball on Saturday, I took about 13 dud videos, ie. nothing exciting happened, and then when we finally made a basket I miss it by a split second - argh! (as Liam would say... he's is in a Garfield phase).
Speaking of... it was Liam's last week as an 8 year old. How can that be?! I won't be able to bear it when he turns 10, and 9 is just.... ugh, still too old. I feel weepy just typing it. We are planning a family birthday dinner tomorrow and then a small birthday party with friends next weekend. I planned to take 9 Year pics of him at church today, but it was a busy afternoon and it just didn't happen, but I WILL get some this week - and his yearly interview!

Comments

Popular Posts