
Mmmm, the picture has my mouth watering. This is a Food Network recipe that my mother made for me first, I about died and went to heaven it was so delicious - I actually had to force myself to stop going back for more helpings. The squash makes it healthy, but probably all the butter and cheese contradicts that.. my favorite part might be the crispy pecans (which we used instead of hazelnuts). She, so then I, also used penne instead of spaghetti. The first time I made this it was perfection, but the second time, not so much. I'm not exactly sure what I did wrong, but I think it had something to do with trying to rush it... the squash takes a while to roast and then I think you need to throw it in the pan with the butter, garlic, etc. to let it fry up a little and get crispy THEN add the pasta at the end... and don't cook the pasta too early or then it gets cold and meh. The timing on this one is a bit tricky, but if you make it right it will be the best dinner and even BETTER leftovers (I reheated mine in a skillet with a little more butter instead of the microwave, and they tasted just the same!)
Here's the link!
Comments
Post a Comment