Christmas 2017! (Weekly: Dec. 16-31)
As always, it's hard to fathom that Christmas is over and done with. It feels like I *just* put up Christmas decorations, and I already have to take them down, the worst part is putting away Christmas music - all other music just can't compare. It was a wonderful bright and early Christmas morning...

But I need to back up to where I left off last time... the weekend before Christmas the kids had their program Sunday night - you can see Lina on the top left and Whit on the bottom right.
The big kids sang different songs so they went up separately - Liam is top left.
Afterwards we went out to dinner for Papa Steve's birthday - it was a big one!
I struggled through 4 work days, but they were mostly Christmas activity filled - so, not too bad :)
Finally the cousins arrived and it was Christmas Eve - we still had am church even though we had a pm service planned, at least we took the opportunity to get our only family picture of the visit!
On Christmas eve we always do carols and the Christmas story - including a live Nativity from the kiddos - which is usually hilarious. Liam was supposed to be a shepherd but Joseph couldn't make it so he stepped in (somewhat begrudgingly, the only character he said he didn't want to be was Joseph! ha), then if you look closely you can see Carolina's little sheep head peeking around next to him. It was hard to see her from where we sat, but it seemed like there was lots of movement from the sheep back there.
Then we always end with candles - isn't that the best part?!
Per tradition we went back to Steve and Linda's and had our Christmas eve family gathering - which included only the Curtis family this year since all of my side was out of town. The kids opened a few presents, we ate way too many snacks, and had a good time being together.
We slept over that night so that there wouldn't have to be any waiting in the morning (and also we wouldn't have to deal with the snowy roads - oh yes, it snowed almost all Christmas eve and was so beautiful and fun - a white Christmas! Speaking of that... after everyone had gone to bed Todd and I completed another tradition and watched "White Christmas" until it turned Christmas day! It was so cozy by the dying fire and the lit tree.
We were a *little* tired the next morning however, but that doesn't stop kiddos from waking up early on Christmas morning - I love these kids!!!
We opened stockings...
Then ate some of Papa's famous cinnamon rolls and did presents.
We only got books, clothes, and one special gift for each kid - but with all the presents from everybody it felt like a very big Christmas... Carolina got her long-desired American Girl doll...
And Liam got a Nintendo 2DS, which he almost couldn't believe!
The girlies spent tons of time outdoors playing in the snow and making snow caves.
Later that week we decided to trek to Boise and take in some sights and tastes :) It was more than a little cold however...
But I did get a money shot...
After the CA McConnel's left we had yet another Christmas with Knights and Millers and this was the only picture I got! The nice thing about having another Christmas a week later is that I had every reason to continue watching Christmas movies, and listening to the music, and not take down a single decoration - I had to keep in the Christmas spirit!
We celebrated New Years Eve at our house with just family and enjoyed eating way too many snacks (I mean that's what the holidays are for, right?) and playing a fun game until it was time to toast to the New Year - it was a perfect way to end and beginning a year!
Comments
Post a Comment