Weekly: December 1-15

Oh my goodness what a week (and a half)! At this moment feel exhausted, I wish I could squeeze in a nap like these two...
The kids were in the Living Christmas Tree this year... they were super cute, very enthusiastic and entertaining. Liam is on the top row far left and Carolina is on the bottom row far right. Carolina swayed the entire time, she was feeling the music. Liam had a short duet with another boy, and bless his heart - he loves to sing but couldn't pick a key if his life depended on it. We giggled through the whole thing but it was very adorable and I'm so happy he had the opportunity to do it.

Those kids were tired after 5 shows, but they were also sad it was over!

Christmas trees + lights are my favorite thing about my house at Christmas

This little girl always has a project she's working on - usually a picture or card or poster or book- she loves writing and she really is quite good at drawing - better than me!

 For Mom's birthday Jen and I surprised her and took her to The Nutcracker Ballet - it was fun, but the best part was how surprised/confused mom was when we showed up at her house (as she was getting ready for a fake dinner date with dad... I still contend that dad should have to reschedule that date).
 It was my first time seeing the ballet so I loved that experience, and then when we left there was an inch of snow on the ground and flakes still coming down - it doesn't get much more Christmassy than that. The craziest part was that Jen's car wouldn't start after the show, and we had a moment of worry, but we hadn't even got the hood opened and some nice strangers offered to help - Idaho is good for that.
Today we were supposed to have some fun plans too - Star Wars and then dinner and then checking out fancy lights and decorations in Boise... BUT my weak-stomached son decided he felt like he was going to puke just as we were leaving and so we went back home... long story short, he was fine, just needed some water and a snack and some tummy meds - but by the time he figured that out it was too late to make it to the movie so the whole afternoon of plans was shot. It was pretty disappointing, but I did finish addressing my Christmas cards... and we have plans to try again on Tuesday. 
It's going to be a hectic week - 2 birthdays, 1 Christmas program, 2 dinners, 1 movie, 1 half-day sub so I can finish my shopping, and a partridge in a pear treeeeee.
The video is a good one this week - it includes some of the kid's LCT songs, all the cookies we made on baking day, and Carolina reading...


Comments

Popular Posts