October - the last half

Well, this has been a long time coming! It's getting harder to blog now because I have to do it on my laptop instead of my phone since the Blogger app is so outdated it won't even run anymore. That means instead of just selecting pics from my phone and dictating in text while laying in bed or wherever, I have to come sit at my laptop (because the battery already won't work and it has to be plugged in constantly), download my pictures from the Cloud, organize them on my computer, and then go through the whole process of loading them into Blogger here (plus my laptop is THE WORST, we've only had it for 10 months and I can't stand it - super).

But back to October... it was beautiful, and it was gone in a flash. I honestly still can't believe it's November... 6th! We had some glorious weather, warm, and cold, rainy, and sunny. The sunrises make doing morning duty a lot easier to stomach.
 It was so nice one Friday that we went to Steve & Linda's to christen the new fire pit with marshmallow roasting.
  It was SUCH  beautiful evening, we stayed out until the sun went all the way down and the temperatures dropped quickly, even with the fire it was still too chilly to stay out without coats.
 That was the PERFECT s'more...
 The kids ended up spending the night with the grandparents and the next morning Todd and I went to breakfast in Boise, walked through the farmer's market, got coffee, and then met up with the rest of the family at Grant's rugby game  - can you tell how beautiful it was?! 
 Man, that was a good weekend. And then the kids had Monday off so teachers could get grading done for the end of the quarter, and Tuesday was Halloween! 
 FINALLY they got to wear their costumes! I have to say that Carolina made a crazy good Rey.
 And Liam's costume was pretty cool... for me it's not as much fun when you can't see their faces... also I would've preferred Kylo Ren or something "on brand" ;)
 You know Carolina had to have her staff taken away before the night was over.. she just couldn't resist.
Great Grandma and Grandpa have been visiting from N.C. the last week and a half, but I didn't get any pictures until the other day.. so that will have to wait until I can my next post starting in November. It has been a treat having them here and having our family all together so much. They go home Tuesday and I guess I'll have to start cooking meals for my family again... but not until after Parent-Teacher Conferences this Wednesday and Thursday. It's crazy that after this 3-day week, we have a full week and then the whole Thanksgiving week OFF! Whoa, honestly the holidays are in a hurry to get here this year!


Comments

Popular Posts