November - the beginning

Yay! I'm back on a weekly schedule... although I'm still catching up from the last two weeks 😏.
Managed to squeeze in a couple of pictures before Grandma and Grandpa headed back home... Lina was Great Grandma's kitchen helper while she made her famous fried chicken.
 We have the best sunrises here - a week doesn't go by when I don't get a picture of another one...
 Can you believe we have one more week of school/work before Thanksgiving?! It's time for Turkeys in Disguise! One of my favorite 2nd grade projects... and this turkey just took first place for time and eternity in my book!
 Conferences were good, productive, every family came - which has never happened before! But I only have 19 kids so that may have helped... also it certainly helped me get caught up and even ahead on school work... it felt so good to get so much done especially since I feel like I've been building the airplane while I'm flying it ever since we took off in August.
But what felt even better? The Friday I got off afterwards! It felt like forever since I've had a day off with just the kids and I. We were super lazy, had the fire on, watched some Christmas cartoons, listened to a new Christmas album, and didn't get out of our pajamas until we needed to go across the street to Walmart so we could make some Christmas cookies, and then went to Greenhurst for their Christmas open house. Yeh, I'm ready for Christmas. But it was such a nice day off and made me very ready for a full week off! And now there's only 3 days left and then Friday which is basically just Thanksgiving fun!

Let's see - Liam had a great first day of G/T and is pumped to go back tomorrow, he talks about it every day. Carolina had a lovely 11 days off of school... and after 3 days of school this week will get 12 days off 😞, but that notwithstanding she is learning like crazy - counted to 250 the other night, just needs a few nudges towards the end, and she's sounding out everything.. read "November" and "Ohio" the other day - I'm so proud of her... it's such an exciting time!

Comments

Popular Posts