Weekly: May 15-21

It was a looooong week, but it was a goooood weekend! 
I'm getting so bad at getting pictures - Instragram Stories is my new favorite thing, but then I don't take pictures. I need to stop that or I'm going to have nothing to put in my kids Shutterfly books (if I ever get around to making them). 
Let's see, we had our field trip on Tuesday - it was fun, but rainy. Wednesday I had a curriculum planning meeting all day so I had a sub - really I only taught 3 days last week so I shouldn't be complaining, but I think the weather plus the kids increasing excitement made it challenging. 

The weirdest thing that happened was that Liam kept having intense stomach pains every night. He would be fine during the day but then get home and by dinner time just be curled up in a ball, not eating, thinking he was going to puke. We kept thinking it was just the stomach bug still working it's way out of his system, but I finally had enough on Thursday night and took him to quick care. The doc said it's likely something going on in his intestines/colon or it's a rare case of strep that doesn't present itself with a sore throat. So she said first and x-ray and then a swab. 
Liam was kinda pumped about the x-ray, he certainly wasn't acting like he was so sick, but he did tell me that if he needed a shot to feel better he would take it. That's big, REAL big coming from him. 

At any rate, what do you know, his colon was full. Gross, right. It took an x-ray to tell us he was full of poop. But if you think of it the other way it's funnier. His only bummer was that he didn't get to see the x-ray (I tried to get a pic of it but I wasn't fast enough). So anyway, a few days of Miralax and he was back to normal. Poor boy. It was probably the being sick + some dehydration that caused it, and he was using the bathroom so I never would've guessed that that was it!
Friday was a great day - first, it was Friday, but also I got cards, and coffee, and chocolate, and lunch! Saturday was B-E-A-U-TIFUL. So it was already a great day, besides that it was my birthday. I got more coffee, went to see a movie, was taken out to dinner by the parents, and then ate a delicious lemon cake and had presents! Clouds swooped in and the temperature dropped quickly so we made a bonfire and roasted marshmallows and let the crazy kids play with water guns. It was very nice, and relaxed, and just a fun day being with my family and doing fun things!
Sunday was great too - the weather was just as beautiful and mom and I went out for a late Mother's Day gift. We shopped and walked around Downtown Boise and I took her to one of my favorite restaurants so she could have the best corn and crab chowder I'll ever have in my life. Honestly, it couldn't have been a more perfect weekend!
And now I'm paying for it. 
I felt so la-di-da carefree all weekend, kind of like it was summer vacation already, and then Monday hit me like a ton of bricks. Yeesh. I'm drowning over here in chores, and grades, and blogs, and LISTS. I'll be alright, I just have to hit the computer every day this week, it should be all good by the weekend. The long weekend. The long holiday weekend. When it will be almost 90 degrees and I will be swimming every day most definitely! Yayyy!

Comments

Popular Posts