Weekly: February 6-12

Grandma took this picture a few weeks ago, but I only just shared it this week... it seemed fitting now that the snow is GONE! Well mostly gone... But this little activity isn't possible anymore :)

It felt like a rough week - the dang fridge broke again, although dad was able to fix it for us (bless him), Todd was/is still sick, Liam came down with some coughs and sniffles that he just had to tough his way through, and Lina ended the week with some sort of mystery illness including a fever, exhaustion, and one puke. 
We started with some promising sunshine for a minute, then another big snow, and then more sunshine and warmer temps that has melted most of the snow away. The only snow left are where there were really big piles, or if it's a shady spot. Even though it's in the 40s the sun still makes it feel almost springy out. We were able to go out for afternoon recess for the first time in over 2 months!
Thursday was a fun day - Grant brought a Happy Meal to school and ate lunch with Liam (for winning the Superbowl Bingo), and then Todd picked him up from school to go shopping for Grant's birthday present, the afternoon was ballet (which was extra nice for me because I got Starbucks in the way and had a nice chat with my friend there) and basketball practice was late. Friday we celebrated Grant's birthday at the Hawaiian restaurant and played games with the family after. Saturday we had a basketball game - Liam was tired, or... something, but he's not as focused and hustling as much during the games as he was the first one. Hopefully now that the snow is gone he can get out and get some extra practice in the driveway. Then we cleaned..all..afternoon. It was all worth it because Todd and I got to have a date night later and felt good leaving a clean house behind. My parents too the kids overnight so we could go out and stay out late and do whatever, plus we got to sleep in on Sunday morning and be relaxed about getting ready for church. We ate at our favorite restaurant, took a short (cold) walk around the pond, went shopping, and got donuts!
I compiled my Instagram videos for the week like I've done a few other times. I don't know why, but I love doing the IG Stories so much, maybe because it feels less serious than posting a picture?

Like I said though, Carolina had a puke Sunday, at Nana and Poppa's house, in the kitchen. Meanwhile I was blissfully watching TV and eating the doughnuts we had bought the night before. 
Mom didn't even call to let me know until we were just about walking out the door for church. Carolina thankfully didn't puke again but she definitely was sick - she had a fever and was very lethargic and not hungry. She took a 2+ hour nap on Sunday afternoon and then just pretty much wanted to get in bed and have the iPad. Her fever went down and she was good spirits, but we'll see how Monday goes. She has her Valentine's party at school today, I hope she will be feeling well enough to make it! 
I am excited about this week because there are NO PLANS - no doctor, hair, eye appointments, no plans with friends, no parties and we have a 3 day weekend! Well there is basketball, ballet, and I just remembered an extra basketball game to go to - but it feels like a very laid back week, which is good! Maybe it will give us a chance to rest and get better!

Comments

Popular Posts