Pin of the Week: Burrito Bowls and Cilantro Brown Rice

Take an hour and make these delicious meal prep carnitas burrito bowls so that you can have an easy on-the-go meal ready for during the week!
image via FitFoodieFinds.com
I've wanted to recreate Chipotle's burrito bowls for a while - they are always delicious and feel pretty healthy and definitely very filling! Mexican food is probably our favorite type of food to eat and make at home, so I finally decided to go for it. I semi followed this recipe for the carnitas (I didn't have orange juice so I used lime, and didn't triple the recipe for the pork seasonings even though I tripled the amount of meat - it would probably be even more delicious if I had, but it was good as it was), also for the cilantro lime brown rice, and skipped the corn recipe and just used a bag of roasted corn from Trader Joe's - which smelled terrible but tasted great. I made some guacamole, bought queso fresco/cotija cheese, had lettuce, tomato, peppers, onions (for the others - not me!) and had lots of salsa. It. Was. So. Good. My only regret is not having more leftovers! Here is the link for the pin to all the recipes!

Comments

Popular Posts