Pin of the Week: Amish Cinnamon Bread


The Amazing Amish Cinnamon Bread. No kneading, you just mix it up and bake it!:
image via RedflyCreations

Liam had a playdate alone with Nana and Poppa (alone is the exciting part) - which left Carolina and I to do something together. She requested that we "make something" together - and baking treats seemed like the best thing to make. I used to bake a lot with the kids, but I haven't done it in a while - mostly because I haven't baked anything much and when I have it's usually last minute or in a hurry. I offered her banana bread, but she's a weirdo and doesn't like the "bananas in it" - so I pulled up Pinterest and we picked out Cinnamon Bread.
This bread is delicious.
However, don't be like me and forget to read all the directions before beginning. I assumed this recipe made a single loaf, so I doubled it, only to later realize it made 2... so we made 4... so we ended up with 2 big loaves, 6 mini loaves, and 6 muffins. I also realized that I overfilled everything and that made a mess since I hadn't greased the top of the pans (just the indentations) and so the loaves stuck terribly. User error. If you made this bread, A) Don't overfill it, B) Grease it up real good, C) Don't double the recipe - unless you have a super giant mixing bowl.
But it is good - and we're not sorry we some extra to share! Here's the link!

Comments

Popular Posts