The week: Nov. 23-29

And just like that Thanksgiving week is over and it's Christmas time! Of course ideally we wanted a relaxing, lazy staycation - but it was more like going from one get-together / activity to the next! Not that I'm sorry, I figure it was just a warm-up for the rest of the holiday season! And we did have a Star Wars movie marathon, and got a few Hallmark Christmas movies in, so we sat down some :)

We spent a week morning in BoDo, it was a gorgeous cold morning and it was just so nice to walk around with hot coffee and do a little non-weekend shopping and sight-seeing.


... the poinsettia "tree" inside the capital...


One of the highlights of the week was a Thanksgiving Eve snow - it came down for several hours (perfect, since we were just sitting on the couch watching it... and movies). It didn't amount to much, but enough to be beautiful and for the kids to shuffle around in it for a while, and then need hot chocolate.

Thanksgiving at Pat & Izzy's - per tradition! Seemed like about half the usual amount of people!

The kids got to wear their new Christmas jammies that night while we watched "Miracle on 34th Street". 
It was such a fun break - Todd and I got to go on a couple of dates, did some Black Friday shopping, ordered my Christmas cards, hung out with friends twice, and had 3 family game nights! I didn't quite get fully decorated for Christmas but I did do a bunch of house-cleaning so I don't have to worry about that this week. And really I'm looking forward to seeing my class this week, and we only have 3 weeks until Christmas break! 

Comments

Popular Posts