Summer Schedule

8:00-8:30 am - Everybody wakes up and wants breakfast. A banana with either cereal, or oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon. One cartoon, sometimes two are allowed.
8:30-10:30 am - Kid's play upstairs usually, while I work on dishes/laundry/misc. chores and get ready for the day, then get the kids ready.
10:30-11:30/12:30 - Errands, it seems like there's always something we need to go buy/return/do, and this is the best time of day to do it - we are in good moods, have energy, full tummies and it's not too hot yet.
11:30-1:30 - We return home and eat lunch. The kids go between PBJ, scrambled eggs, hot dogs, nachos or quesadilla. I usually let them watch another cartoon during lunch, while I clean up, make my own lunch, and eat.
1:00/2:00-5:00 - After lunch, somewhere during this time Carolina goes down for her nap. She'll sleep anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours, if she goes past 3 hours I'll wake her up so she will be able to fall asleep at night. As soon as she goes down Liam and I do ABC flashcards, and then he does his "homework", and gets iPad fun time, while I sit a relax a bit with some Internet. Then I typically do some more laundry, bills, ironing, or other chores that are more quiet. If I'm feeling energetic, and not needed for other things I work out. Liam puts away the iPad and plays or colors, does something on his own.
3:30-5:00 - When Carolina wakes up there's no schedule... it just depends on the day and time. If we have more errands to do, we go do them. If it's warm, we swim. If I'm busy, I let them watch a movie and have a snack. If it's almost dinner time I make them go play while I cook.
5:00/6:00-8:00 - We typically go swimming (when the weather is nice, and we're not sick) by this time everyday, once Todd gets home.
8:00 - We are headed home or wrapping up the evening by this point, relaxing, and eventually get the kids ready for bed.
8:30-9:00 - Usually in this time frame is the kid's summer curfew. Afterwards Todd and I will usually watch some TV together, or I might go for a walk, clean up for tomorrow, and
stay up a little too late :)

Comments

Popular Posts