Pin(s) of the Week: Apricot & Almond Coffee Cake + Basic Frittata + Flourless Peanut Butter Brownies

I've been experimenting lately - trying to go wheat free all week (weekends/parties excepted)... not because gluten free is the cool thing to do... more because I've been learning about the health benefits of it, and trying to lose some weight too. With that, there've been some duds. Coconut flour is not the easiest thing to work with. Two wheat free recipes that have worked well were this basic frittata recipe, to which I just added cheese - no veggies, for the kids. And this flourless peanut butter brownie recipe - it was VERY rich, I'd leave out the coffee next time though.
But of course the hands-down best thing I made this week was the not-wheat-free Apricot & Almond Coffee Cake. My mom gave me some fresh apricots that Debbie had sent, and I had to use them! So I rounded up a bunch of fresh apricot recipes on Pinterest and let Todd choose. And that was that.
It
was
so
good.
It wasn't one of those super quick and easy recipes - simply because of peeling the little apricots (don't know if I was supposed to, but I did). But it was SO worth the extra effort. Todd was supposed to take this to work on Friday, to celebrate his birthday, but decided he didn't want to... and therefore I ate some wheat that day. Sorry I'm not sorry. Here's the link!


Comments

Popular Posts