Pin(s) of the Week: Marshmallow Popcorn & No-Bake Energy Bites

Marshmallow Popcorn
image via
 your homebased mom
Last week I tested one healthy, and one decidedly-less-healthy snack recipe - both were easy, fast, no-bake, and gluten free - and I liked them both!
The marshmallow popcorn, was a super fast and easy last-minute dessert... of which I ate too much of and felt sick at night. I always do that with popcorn desserts, I think they're healthier because they're mostly popcorn, but choose to ignore the fact that they're absolutely coated in sugar and butter (usually). I halved the marshmallow part of the recipe, and the popcorn was still thickly covered in it! We decided this was how to make popcorn balls! Here's the link!
Healthy Snack: No Bake Energy Bites: Combine 1 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/3 cup honey, 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, 1/2 cup ground flaxseed, 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, and 1 tsp vanilla in a mixing bowl. Chill 30 min, then roll into balls. Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to a week.
image via smashed peas and carrots
The other snack was much healthier, not in a low-cal sense, but in a less-refined-sugar, actually-has-some-protein-fiber-and-other-good-stuff sense. These I've been able to ration out, one a day for me, and I've shared with the kids a bit - they tasted like cookie dough to me! I subbed out some of the sweetened coconut with unsweetened, and I think I could get away with less honey next time, but they really are yummy as is. I totally will be making these again! Here's the link!

Comments

Popular Posts