Pin(s) of the Week: Roasted Asparagus + Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies

Normally I'd pick a couple of new recipes to try out when I have the extra time, but last week I barely did any cooking it seems. I only managed to pull out these two new recipes for Sunday dinner. But they were both good.

Roasted Asparagus Recipe | Simply RecipesRoasted Asparagus - I am the only one here that likes asparagus, and I just bought some for myself on a whim, then needed an easy way to fix it, so found and pinned this recipe. What can I say? It was easy and perfect. Maybe better than roasted brocolli (actually I did roast brocolli the same way, on the same pan with his).


Healthier Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies with a secret ingredient!
Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies - Of all the Pinterest options, this is what Todd picked, so it's what we had. I'd be really curious to see the nutritional information on these versus regular choc. chip cookies. These use white whole wheat flour and coconut oil instead of butter, and I used dark chocolate chunks instead of regular chips. These do taste healthier, but they still disappeared off the cookie sheet just as quickly, so they can't be that healthy. This new jar of coconut oil actually tastes coconutty, where my last one did not, so these cookies had a slight coconutty flavor too. I didn't mind it, but I'm not sure about using this oil with other recipes...

Comments

Popular Posts