It's beginning to look (and feel) a lot like Christmas...

Not only do all of the Christmas decorations come out, but the baking supplies and utensils! I'm pretty sure I've never seen my kitchen be more of a mess than it was last night. I was making 4 things at once I think! And that doesn't even include the 4 things I made the day before (while making a huge mess at Linda's!). Let's see - we made chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge, peppermint bark, and dozens of frosted sugar cookies on Saturday - then yesterday I made m&m cookies, gingerbread men, peppermint bark poppycock, plus dinner and gifts for co-workers! It should go without saying that I am tired. I even had an extra day off this weekend - but didn't get around to any of my regular cleaning/laundry! I think I could take another day off and be good with that. Tomorrow I've got to run a few errands in Boise, including picking up the Disneylanders from the airport, and we are driving the kids around to look at Christmas lights. Tuesday we are making a gingerbread house and I need to do some wrapping and a little more baking (plus the grading I didn't do this weekend) AND it's Steve's birthday, then Wednesday is the day Granny & Tessa get here-also Liam's Christmas program-also Mom's birthday, then two days to get everything baked/made/wrapped for our staff party on Thursday, classroom party on friday, and our Knight Christmas on Saturday  - and the California McConnel's get here that night. Oh. Holy. Night. That's Christmas for ya!
I hope to have a couple more blogs for you this week - but we'll see ;) Here's a few snapshots for the time being...





Comments

Popular Posts