Pin of the Week: Gingerbread Loaf (Starbucks Copycat)

This wasn't a pin I just stumbled upon - it was one I went searching for! We got a coupon for a piece at the Target Starbucks and our family shared it - which was good since I saw that it was over 400 calories a slice! But we all loved it and so I had to try and find a replacement for it that was somewhat healthier. Truth be told, I'm not sure this one is healthier - but I figure with the applesauce, it's gotta be somewhat right? I tried to make it even healthier by using whole wheat flour - which I think worked out in the end, although the bread fell in the middle and was much more dense, it was perfectly delicious after a couple of days (I don't know why some breads just taste better after you give them a little time). It was a very rich and decadent dessert - I will totally be making it again. Oh, and I didn't top it with candied orange or ginger, and it didn't matter one bit.

Comments

Popular Posts