Pin(s) of the Week: Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies + Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies + Bluberry Scones + Homemade Taco Seasoning + Homemade Chimichangas + Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Ok, I just made these this week for school treats and so I was quite happy that it made about 50 cookies, which made me feel better about the amounts of butter and sugar I had to put in here. I was also quite happy that I finally love a pumpkin cookie! LOVE! This recipe is a keeper! I know they are when the cookies are not even gone yet and Todd is asking me to make them again. I think they taste like my mom's Oatmeal (Good) Cake, they definitely aren't overly pumpkiny, just enough to make them the right consistency of cakey, but the oatmeal and butter add a chewiness overall and crispyness to the edges that makes them just right.

Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies These are a fun new cookie! They are billed as tasting like orange Milanos, and I could agree - also they are made with whole wheat flour, and you can't even tell. The orange must do a pretty good job of masking it! I liked them, but they are such a novelty cookie that we probably won't be making these on the reg, but I'm glad we tried them.

Blueberry Scones Oh goodness, this is another recipe I'll have to hang on to - this was one I ripped out of my Parents magazine, but then I went and searched for it so I could pin it for you :)... the link may not work though, if it doesn't let me know and I can just send you the recipe. I'm not a huge scone person, but it just so happens that we had a cup of blueberries that were starting to go bad, and my kids won't really eat them like they will other berries - so.. as the saying goes - when you have blueberries, make scones! Right? Right! I liked that these also were made with whole wheat flour, oatmeal, and low fat sour cream. They turned out SO good. A dozen scones did not last us long, let me tell you. Mere hours.

Homemade Taco Seasoning I've had this pin for a while, but it took me some time to use up all the taco seasoning packets I had stored up before I had a need to try it. I'm never going back.

Homemade Chimi Changas I / We are super happy that I stumbled upon this recipe and that it was so successful - although we won't be doing chicken/cream cheese/cheese again (like the recipe calls for) - although it was delicious, the ones with chicken/refried beans/cheese were just as good, and a bit healthier. I like that I can now fill them with any toppings, and make something yummy, not too unhealthy which also leaves us with good leftovers. Our favorite part was how they got crispy-crunchy just like fried, but not!

Pumpkin Pancake / Pumpkin Waffle Combo - These were good, my family says. I ate my fair share and they were OK, but when they don't knock my socks like so many other recipes I try, they're just ho hum to me :)

Comments

  1. chimis and scones are next up on the meal planner. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courage jusqu'à Vendredi ;-)
    Suis dans les bonnes résolutions, les envies de cuisine saines...et de Zen... bref, ta recette me tente bcp et me parle bien !
    Dis, c'est quoi le Garam massala
    Des bises !
    Agnès
    restaurant vannes http://restaau.fr/Search/City/restaurant-a-vannes.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts