Pin(s) of the Week: Classic Basil Pesto, Lemon Bar Muddy Buddies, Lemon Zucchini Bread, Parmesan Roasted Zucchini

I've been doing a lot of baking/cooking/freezing lately - trying to use up what's in the garden, testing out new recipes before I run out of time to make the extra effort, and just generally gearing up for back-to-school/work time.
Once again, no pictures, too busy (and forgetful)... but here are some recipes I've tried that worked out well (plenty that didn't work out, but I won't bother you with those...)

Classic Basil Peso - this one is delicious, especially with our fresh garlic and basil, super easy. I spread a third of the recipe on a pizza crust I had and topped it with mozzarella and meatballs and it was delicious. The other two thirds are awaiting the next meal in the freezer.

Lemon Bar Muddy Buddies - yummm, these are a good rival for the regulard chocolate & PB muddy buddies, because they're light and fresh feeling. Not healthy, but if you need a large amount of dessert and you'd like it to be gluten free, this fits the bill.

Lemon Zucchini Bread - still trying to use up my zucchinis before they go back - this is a healthier recipe than the chocolate one, and definitely less sweet, not really a dessert bread. It kind of reminds of cornbread, and it's definitely better warmed-up with some butter on it.

Parmesan Roasted Zucchini - I think I may be the only one in my family who would eat this (well Carolina probably would, but for the garlic)... but I found this to be a super quick, super easy, super cheap and pretty filling meal for me!


Comments

Popular Posts