Pin of the Week: Chocolate Zucchini Bread



The first time I'd ever had zucchini bread was a couple years ago, when a gal with a garden brought in
bunch of zucchinis to share at school and made a bunch of zucchini muffins as well. Before, my thought on the matter was "Why would someone ruin a perfectly good muffin with zucchini? What's the point?!" Well Point A: You have a bunch of it from your garden, and you don't want it to go to waste. Point B: Vegetables are vegetables, and if they can be disguised in chocolate (or any type of) bread, then why not? Since my garden yielded me 3 zucchini's already I got to work on Pinterest looking for ways to use them - are you shocked that I went with a chocolate bread first?
I don't know what zucchini does for bread (if anything)... I suppose about what carrots do, although I'd say zucchini has less of a flavor to it even. But I will say that this is a good recipe, I'm saving it, it's moist and yummy. I DID NOT add the walnuts, and I definitely DID add chocolate chips on top; maybe 1/4 cup, but I might add more next time :). Also I easily doubled the recipe so I could give some bread away! I'm thinking I will be making more breads and freezing them, in order to use all of my zucchini before it goes bad. Even if I end up giving them away (and I'm planning on it for some - even bought a mini loaf pan), zucchini will be put to good use!
 Here's the link!


Comments

  1. It was yummy! Thanks for sharing! Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zucchini keeps it moist! Also that year we had staff lounge overload on zucchini I shredded it and measured it out into 1 c. portions and froze so I could use for future recipes, I even added it to spaghetti sauce a few times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts