Pin of the Week: Vegan Chocolate Banana Muffins

There haven't been too many pins-of-the-week around here lately because, a) I'm trying to stay away from baked goods, and b) Pinterest just doesn't offer as many easy/healthy dinner ideas as I'd like. But we had a potluck at school this week, which is a perfect excuse to try a new fun recipe, and also you don't (usually) have any leftovers to stare at you later.
I'm not exactly sure why I pinned this recipe - "vegan" isn't exactly a word that attracts me to a recipe... when I think "vegan" I usually think "healthy" and therefore "healthy tasting", which basically equals "kind of yucky." Maybe it was the "healthy" thought I was attracted to, plus I do love the combo of bananas and chocolate. Well, now that I've made these I'm here to tell you I was wrong on both accounts, they are not in the least yucky (or healthy) tasting, and not realllly that healthy. 160 calories a muffin, could be worse for sure, but not the best I've ever seen - however, they. are. worth. it. Really! They are really really good! The original recipe calls for them to be frosted - they're actually a cupcake - but they work perfect as a muffin, they don't need frosting in my opinion - they're sweet enough.
This picture makes them look dreamy... because they are!
Vegan just means there are no animal products - so no eggs or milk, instead that is replaced with coconut milk, which probably accounts for all the calories, but makes them soooo moist and yummy. I always like having a go-to recipe for those bananas that don't get eaten in time!
Anyway - they're easy and delicious - I recommend them big time - here's the link!

Comments

  1. they are yummy! Thanks for sharing! I had one with my coffee this morning! Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were very good and moist definitely....thanks for the treat...Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts