Balancing..

I know, less posts lately. I've been thinking a lot, a lot, about blogging and social media in general in the past few weeks. It's starting to feel narcissistic and self-promotional in an icky way. So I'm trying to back off a little and re-evaluate the point of my blog and the rest of it (except Babes... That's just for the love of Disney)  and especially re-evaluate how much time I spend on it. Spring is setting in (oh 68 degrees, I love you) and the year only gets busier and busier from here until May 31st - that's right, summer vacation!
School gets crazy with our big push until testing, life in the outside world is busier since we aren't stuck hibernating indoors any more, and with summer coming it's time to diet and exercise - which means more attention to meal planning and preparing, and evenings spent with Jillian Michaels - which in turn means we must find "us" time elsewhere.
Oh, and the children.
The children are as active as ever, and getting bigger, and smarter, and funnier, and older, and more demanding all the time. I want to write more about that later - their milestones, etc. But... later. And the kiddos need their devoted parent time, that isn't filled with chores, errands, or working from home. It's hard to find the time for everything and then some. I've written about that before, and I guess I probably will again. When summer comes everything changes, and suddenly there is time for everything and everyone! I can't wait. But with 2.5 months to go, I can't exactly coast yet.
Anywho, I feel rambly - so long story short (or is it?) posts will be less, but I will attempt to make them more meaningful. In the meantime if you need a fix of the kids, look on the Instagram, or do what I do - and scroll through past posts :)

Comments

  1. deep thoughts....I like all your posts- I could never keep up- I just blog in my head! :) now if I blogged from my phone then I might be getting somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love your posts, I think you are wise to limit your time doing this. You are such a good momma and this time of life will pass much too quickly. Love you darling daughter! Momma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts