Pin of the Week: Mickey Mouse Cupcakes

 I did some heavy Pinterest searching last week while preparing for Liam's birthday and found these little cuties. I thought I'd go out of the box and make them ice cream cupcakes with brownies on the bottom, ice cream, then magic shell on top to make it brown. It was an epic fail, and I went through two packages of brownie mix to figure out it wasn't going to work, and settling on regular cake. This pin was really just for the idea of it, there was no recipe or real instructions. So with little time left I went with a box cake mix, and premade frosting - although I did decide to dress them up a little by following one of those "make your box mix taste like real cake" things by adding extra eggs, milk, etc. (so many out there, and not even confident of which one I used now) and adding an Oreo to the bottom of the cupcake as well. I heart Oreos. I think the crushed Oreos on top masks the taste of canned frosting. The mini Oreos are just stick on by pushing a flat toothpick up through the Oreo frosting and then into the cupcake.
They turned out really really cute, and pretty tasty too - in fact the more days go by, the better they seem to taste, thus I ate more cupcakes today then I did yesterday at the party!
Uhoh.
Here's the pin!

Comments

  1. yum! for the record, I would never complain about a box cake mix nor canned frosting- it is all delicious in my book! you are much too critical of yourself!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts