Pin of the Week: Doughnut Muffins


So, essentially I found the same recipe on two different Pins, they were called a Doughnut Muffin and a French Breakfast Muffin. I'm attaching the French recipe (because it was more clear), but still calling it a Doughnut Muffin, because that's exactly what it tastes like and probably has the same caloric value of. These muffins are far from healthy, so naturally they're quite delicious.
I don't think I've ever made a muffin that didn't come from a box mix, so this was a first for me, and quite easy I'll say. Next time I make these I'll need a mini muffin pan. The recipe I followed said you could make 24 mini muffins or 10 regular sized muffins - but they were huge! And since at the end you dunk the muffin in butter, then in sugar, they were kind of overpowering and very rich. I think mini muffins would be much better not only for portion control but they'd also seem more like doughnut holes.
Here's the link!

Comments

Popular Posts