The Score

Jeran: 1
Jessica: 0
... babies that is.
Yes, our niece Olivia was born this afternoon quite soon after her doc stripped her membranes and and her water broke this morning. We are very excited, and I am happy for Jeran - she was more "done" than I am, I think. Too bad there won't be any "twins" though. Olivia's cousin apparently doesn't care to be rushed. Or it could be that I refused to be "stripped" again at my doctor's appointment yesterday - and so here I sit with no baby, no contractions, and no hope that labor will start on it's own. I cannot tell you how much spicy food I have eaten - I am now convinced that all of those "tricks" for starting labor are complete malarkey.
The doc said I'm still dilated to a 3, although a 3+ now - she said all conditions were still very "favorable" and she's "shocked" that I haven't had the baby yet. That makes a hundred of us. I scheduled an appointment to be induced on Oct. 4, at noon - the day after my due date - if the need should present itself... which I have to say, I think it will. But I would be more than happy if she decided to come on her own a little earlier - hint, hint, nudge, nudge!
Although I am sad about leaving my fabulous fourth graders until January (what a great class I have this year! they may change my mind about 4th), today was the first day that I truly felt "done" myself. Just didn't want to be there at all - although it was a good day, it didn't matter. Mayyybe I was feeling a little jealous of Carolina's aunt.
No pictures today - although I'll make that a priority this weekend, along with cleaning, shopping, sewing, baking, Yogurtcourt, swimming (yep, still 90 deg.) - because this will actually be my last weekend without an infant. Since Monday is my due date, I already have my long-term sub scheduled to start that day... so Hello 3 day weekend! Well, I guess it's really a 3-month weekend. And here is what I'm looking forward to in the next 3 months:
1. Laying on my stomach
2. Eggs Benedict
3. Non-stretchy clothes
4. Bending over
5. Laying on my back
6. A heart free of burn
7. Brushing my teeth without gagging
8. Oh, and, cuddling a little baby

Comments

  1. ha! you have me laughing. You make life with a newborn sound heavenly.... if only! I'd have a billion more!
    Have a fun weekend! Let Liam really soak in that last weekend of single child-dom - it all changes after that :)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts